Geometrics is a gallery of New York architecture photos that I like for their strong lines and colors. Photos that are eye candy, more than documentary.
Click the Fullscreen link above the photos, and then the Play icon at the bottom, for a full screen slideshow. Press Esc to return to normal.
From time to time I’ll be adding to or changing this gallery, so if you’re a fan of geometry in architecture, please come back to visit.
In case you’re curious, the list below are the names and locations of buildings used in this gallery. Most are buildings that have their own individual galleries – click the links to explore.
- The Mondrian: Second Avenue at E 54th Street
- Lipstick Building, aka 53rd at Third: Third Avenue between E 53rd and E 54th Streets
- Citigroup Center, aka 601 Lexington Avenue: Lexington Avenue between E 53rd and E 54th Streets
- 599 Lexington Avenue: Lexington Avenue at E 53rd Street
- Chrysler Building: Lexington Avenue between E 42nd and E 43rd Streets
- Socony Mobil Building: Lexington Avenue between E 42nd and E 41st Streets
- 300 Madison Avenue: Madison Avenue between E 41st and E 42nd Streets
- 17 State Street: 17 State Street (opposite Staten Island Ferry terminal)
- International Gem Tower: 50 W 47th Street / 55 W 46th Street between Fifth and Sixth Avenues
- 135 E 57th Street: E57th Street at Lexington Avenue
- 425 Lexington Avenue: Lexington Avenue between E 43rd and E 44th Streets
- 459 W 18th Street: W 18th Street between 9th and 10th Avenues
- Aire: Amsterdam Avenue at W 67th Street
- International Plaza: 750 Lexington Avenue between E59th and E60th Streets