166 Fifth Avenue, a seven-story store and loft building, replaced a mansion in 1899-1900. The storefront (like those of its neighbors) has been modernized.
The building is part of the Ladies Mile Historic District, designated in 1989. At the time, Andrews Coffee Shop occupied the ground floor.
166 Fifth Avenue Vital Statistics
- Location: 166 Fifth Avenue between E 21st and E22nd Streets
- Year completed: 1900
- Architect: Parfitt Brothers
- Floors: 7
- Style: Renaissance Revival
- New York City Landmark: 1989 (Ladies Mile Historic District)
166 Fifth Avenue Recommended Reading
- NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission designation report (pg. 290)
- Daytonian In Manhattan (blog)
- Street Easy NY listing
- Emporis database