Eventi Hotel-Beatrice Residences is a recent 53-story mixed-use tower at the edge of Chelsea. The lower 24 floors are the 290-room hotel operated by Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants; floors 25 though 53 contain 302 luxury rental apartments and a residents’ lounge. The Eventi Hotel lobby opens on Sixth Avenue, while Beatrice Residences lobby opens on W 29th Street.
The facades of the hotel floors are precast concrete panels interspersed with large floor-to-ceiling windows in alternating patterns; the apartment floor facades are almost solid glass; the two sections are separated by a black band – a mechanical floor.
The hotel’s restaurants face the mid-block plaza – which is dominated by a jumbotron display. Windows in the four-story base can be lit with LEDs for a colorful display at night. A three-level, 500-car garage sits under the hotel.
Eventi Hotel-Beatrice Residences Vital Statistics
- Location: 835 Sixth Avenue between W 29th and W 30th Streets, 105 W 29th Street
- Year completed: 2010
- Architect: Perkins Eastman
- Floors: 53
- Style: Postmodern
Eventi Hotel-Beatrice Residences Recommended Reading
- Wikipedia entry
- The New York Times 3 Midtown Projects and How They Grew (or Didn’t) (October 19, 2010)
- City Realty review
- New York Daily News Luxury living: Manhattan’s Beatrice is a new high point in New York rentals (January 7, 2011)
- Architect magazine 835 Sixth Avenue: Eventi Hotel and the Beatrice Residences
- Curbed NY digest
- The Real Deal Chelsea gets winner with 835 Sixth Avenue (January 21, 2010)
- Perkins Eastman project page