4545 Center Boulevard is a new (still leasing at this writing) apartment tower in Long Island City designed by Miami-based Arquitectonica. The balcony-studded, rippled glass facades rise 40 floors over the East River, part of the Queens West development behind the giant Pepsi sign and Gantry Plaza State Park.
An attached six-story parking garage/amenities center is topped by a 50,000-square-foot “amenity deck” indoor/outdoor recreation area, replete with deck chairs.
This was the last of five towers along three blocks developed by TF Cornerstone. (TF stands for Tom and Fred Elghanayan.)
4545 Center Boulevard Vital Statistics
- Location: 4545 Center Boulevard at 46th Street
- Year completed: 2013
- Architect: Arquitectonica
- Floors: 40
- Style: Postmodern
4545 Center Boulevard Recommended Reading
- Wikipedia entry (Arquitectonica)
- City Realty review
- Curbed NY blog
- Brownstoner Queens: Checking out 4545 Center Boulevard’s Sweet New Amenity Deck
- 4545 Center Boulevard website
- TF Cornerstone website