Riverside Memorial Chapel is suitably somber, suitably monumental for a funeral home. The structure is actually two buildings: The smaller 180 W 76th Street was given a new facade and joined to 331 Amsterdam Avenue in 1946.
The building underwent renovation and restoration in 1994-1998.
Riverside Memorial Chapel Vital Statistics
- Location: 331 Amsterdam Avenue / 180 W 76th Street
- Year completed: 1926
- Architect: Frank J. Furman and Ralph Segal; renovation by Belmont Freeman
- Floors: 4
- Style: neo-French Renaissance with Gothic elements
- New York City Landmark: 1990
Riverside Memorial Chapel Recommended Reading
- NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission designation report (Upper West Side/Central Park West, Vol. 2, pp. 128-129)
- Belmont Freeman project page
- Riverside Memorial Chapel history