Highlights from photos shot in April, 2014 – but not yet added to a New York neighborhood or specific building gallery.
In this album:
- Metro theater, Broadway at W 99th Street – go there, see how the neighboring tower facade mimics the theater accent lines.
- Saint Michael’s R. C. Church, Sunset Park, Brooklyn. I was drawn to the church’s unusual steeple, but on closer examination the doors were more interesting.
- Belvedere Castle, Central Park. For a change, I decided to frame the shot.
- The Alexandria apartments, 201 W 72nd Street at Broadway. The cascade of ladders reveals facade repairs in progress.
- 171 E 77th Street – terra cotta grill detail.
- French Embassy Cultural Services – the doors of adjoining buildings on Fifth Avenue (975 and 972) next to the Ukrainian Institute.
- Guggenheim Museum detail.
- The Capitol Apartments, 12 E 87th Street. The top half of the cornice was removed; the remaining brackets give the roofline a toothed appearance.
- Park Avenue Synagogue. Beautiful detailing.
- 67 and 65 E 93rd Street. Notice the “65” in the transom grille.
- Essex House: the iconic sign on Central Park South is now reflected in One57, the apartment tower two blocks behind (south).
- The Dorilton: I usually shoot the maidens head on. This time I shot from the side, to bring them closer together – conversational distance.