214 Riverside Drive, the Chatillion, is a distinctive Beaux Arts apartment building. Its picturesque, curving form is right in character with undulating Riverside Drive.
Originally conceived as a luxury building, with just two grand apartments per floor, Chatillion has been subdivided to 15 apartments per floor!
The coop appears to have more than its share of history. The property’s website recounts “Murder, suicide, crime, disasters, political intrigue” at the address.
214 Riverside Drive Vital Statistics
- Location: 214 Riverside Drive at W 94th Street
- Year completed: 1902
- Architect: Stein, Cohen & Roth
- Floors: 7
- Style: Beaux Arts
- New York City Landmark: 1989 (Riverside-West End Historic District)
214 Riverside Drive Recommended Reading
- NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission designation report (pp. 52-54)
- City Realty review
- Street Easy NY listing (includes floor plans)
- 214 Riverside Drive website
- Emporis database