The Berkeley / The Grosvenor are a pair of Queen Anne style apartment buildings on Montague Street, mirror-image twins cleverly joined to look like one massive structure.
The brownstone, brick and terra cotta building was restored in 2004.
The Berkeley / The Grosvenor Vital Statistics
- Location: 111-113 and 115-117 Montague Street, between Hicks and Henry Streets
- Year completed: 1886
- Architect: Parfitt Bros.
- Floors: 8
- Style: Queen Anne
- New York City Landmark: 1965
The Berkeley / The Grosvenor Recommended Reading
- NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission designation report (Brooklyn Heights Historic District)
- The New York Times Streetscapes column
- Conproco (restoration contractor) project description
- “An Architectural Guidebook to Brooklyn,” pg. 158 (in Google Books)