295 Central Park West is a lesser-known work of Emery Roth, the preeminent New York apartment building architect. The 19-story-plus-penthouse building stands at W 90th Street, and is part of the Upper West Side-Central Park West Historic District.
The facade is quite plain, even for Art Moderne. A modest stone surround marks the centered entry on Central Park West; a decorative brick bandcourse separates the first and second floors. The only other significant architectural detail is the use of rounded corners (and rounded corner windows).
The building has so far resisted conversion to condominium or co-op.
295 Central Park West Vital Statistics
- Location: 295 Central Park West at W 90 Street
- Year completed: 1941
- Architect: Emery Roth & Sons
- Floors: 20
- Style: Art Moderne
- New York City Landmark: 1990
- National Register of Historic Places: 1982
295 Central Park West Recommended Reading
- Wikipedia entry
- NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission designation report
- StreetEasy NY listing
- Columbia University – New York Real Estate Brochure Collection
- Emporis database