235 W 76th Street, aka The Colorado,* is a pre-war apartment building in Renaissance Revival style, enlivened by colorful terra cotta in the base and crown.
The building’s architect – Robert T. Lyons – is best known for his Beaux Arts masterpiece on Central Park West, the St. Urban.
* Not to be confused with the same-named Upper East Side condo.
235 W 76th Street Vital Statistics
- Location: 235 W 76th Street at Broadway
- Year completed: 1925
- Architect: Robert T. Lyons
- Floors: 15
- Style: Renaissance Revival
235 W 76th Street Recommended Reading
- Wikipedia entry (Robert T. Lyons)
- The Culture Trip: Robert T. Lyons: New York City’s Forgotten Architect
- Street Easy NY listing (includes floor plans)
- Emporis database