502 Park Avenue, aka Trump Park Avenue, is now in its fifth incarnation. Built in 1929 as the Viceroy Hotel, it was victim of the stock market crash and quickly became the Cromwell Arms, then Delmonico’s. It has been a hotel, rental apartments, a cooperative, back to hotel, and finally as a condominium.
Donald Trump’s conversion added a seven-story glass box to the top of the north side of the tower, adding floor space at the expense of the building’s appearance.
502 Park Avenue Vital Statistics
- Location: 502 Park Avenue at E 59th Street
- Year completed: 1929; condo conversion 2004
- Architect: Goldner & Goldner; conversion: Costas Kondylis
- Floors: 32
- Style: neo-Renaissance
502 Park Avenue Recommended Reading
- Wikipedia entry
- City Realty review
- Street Easy NY listing (includes floor plans)
- Condopedia entry
- Gace Consulting Engineers project page (tower expansion details)
- Phorio database
- Emporis database